Sad day for America

I did, and they are growing at 9% a year were even if you are an optimist, US is stagnent. At this rate, it will be less than 10 years and China will be the #1 by monitary exchange terms.

But in reality, since the yan isn't hayper inflated like the USD is, they are already past the US. Their middle class _workforce_ is as large as Canada, US and Mexico combined has people.

They can certa> Actually if you do a search you will discover that the Chinese GDP is less

Reply to
Canuck57

The reality is while DCC politicians pander, screw up, take bribes... while China is not a democracy, they have more integrity and honor on how they run their country. Less debt too.

Autos. China now makes and out sells the US in autos. Get over it. It is already a happening.

Reply to
Canuck57

Liberal leftist losers want winners and producers to pay for it. Will they be disappointed at this bill.

It will seperate health care for upper-middle class up, and the rest can get rationed sub standard Obama care. Hell, a goo doctor making say $200/hr isn't going to go to Obama Care for $30/hr, no way. Obama Care will bring in under qualified from India and Africa. Will be a two teir system.

Reply to
Canuck57

Hmmm - not sure I accept that at face value. Remember reading about melamine being put into exported pet foods? Then, several babies in China died from melamine being put into baby formula to raise the readings on nutritional tests (protein content I think it was) that get done on the product!

Their head of their equivalent of our Food and Drug Administration was executed - yes executed - at some point throughout that whole fiasco.

Now, occasionally, we still hear of toys being exported to the U.S. being recalled due to high levels of lead. That sounds like a *really* mixed bag to me. I mean - yeah - they seem to take drastic (to say the least) action, but the crap keeps happening, which indicates ongoing high levels of corruption.

Hmm - executing government officials that screw up. Hmmm . . .

Reply to
Bill Putney

Oops - hit 'send' too soon.

Yeah that's pretty extreme. Can't be justified. Impeachment or prosecution in certain cases, but execution - no justification for that.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Damn, did I hit a nerve?

Reply to
Dave

Of course you are ignoring the money Medicare is paying into the plan on your behalf.

Wikipedia has a good article on Medicare that includes a discussion of Medicare Advantage Plans. It is a good read, give it a look (

). "The Government Accountability Office reported that in 2006, the plans earned profits of 6.6 percent, had overhead (sales, etc.) of 10.1 percent, and provided 83.3 percent of the revenue dollar in medical benefits. These administrative costs are far higher than traditional fee-for-service Medicare."

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Obviously, with enough imagination you could connect that analogy to almost anything. You are proof of that.

Reply to
Dave

Keep thinking about it - it will come to you. The concepts are pretty simple and obvious. I typed it real slow, but I don't know if that helped you or not. Like I say, if you can't grasp it, wait a few years, and the meaning will be obvious to you. I have trouble believing you are as slow as I think you are pretending to be.

In either case (i.e., (1) you really are that dumb, or (2) are just pretending to be), it's not worth my time explaining further. Somehow I think you get it. Bye.

Reply to
Bill Putney

No, I'm talking about Pelosi. She's the dictator. Obama is the REAL "speaker", he gives nice speeches, while SHE dictates and takes away freedoms and further destroys the Constitution.

They had you fooled, huh? You thought she was the speaker and he was the President?

Reply to
Jane Galt

You don't have to be insured. Why not quit. Federal taxes on the other hand are mandatory. Or you go to jail.

Reply to
dbu''

He's the speaker, as long as the teleprompter is working.

Reply to
Conscience

Medicare Advantage can continue, but the government needs to equalize the amount they pay to the same amount as what they pay for fee-for-service Medicare. Alas, most seniors won't understand the sweet deal they've been getting under Medicare Advantage until the plans are no longer are subsidized at such a high level. Medicare Advantage was a sweet deal for the private insurance companies also. That's the problem here, everyone expects the government to pay for their extra benefits.

Reply to
SMS

In message , lil abner

Reply to
Clive

Exactly. Essentially Mike Hunters is attacking Government mandated health care reform while he was getting a sweet deal on health care paid for mostly with Government dollars. He is perfectly willing to deny millions of US citizens government funded health care, while he is enjoying government funded health care. He doesn't see how unfair this is. He has convinced himself that he deserves the Government benefits while trying to deny them to others. I'd say he was greedy, but probably he is just confused because he listens to the wackos on AM radio too much. He is confusing what is right with what is entertaining.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In message , Bill Putney writes

Death panels are where exactly?

Reply to
Clive

In message , Canuck57 writes

What an unpleasant lot you foreigners are.

Reply to
Clive

Your are correct I should have said Venezuela

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What you are reefing to is "End of Life Counseling," the cost of which is currently reimbursable under by Medicare

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not Really the Pennsylvania AG is one more of the states Attorneys General joining the litigation.

Reply to
Mike Hunter