service engine soon light????

When the service engine soon light comes on, what exactly needs to be done as far as a tune up to get the light to go off? I recently replaced plugs, air filter, and changed oil on my metro. I figured the light would go off and it didnt. the car is running great and still getting over 40 mpg, so what else is needed?

Thanks

Reply to
Reid1boys

Sounds like something like a sensor may be causing that light to stay on . Usually if something triggers it(like a misfire code), the light will come on but after 3 consecutive starts of an OK code the light will eventually go out. I have a '96 olds and occasionally the light will come on (the dealer can't pinpoint the misfire code) and it will go out after a 2 or 3 days.

Reply to
Nevell Lewis