Tired of replacing the 27.00 headlights on your 94 up camaro??

I have to replace the pass low beam about once a year. The drivers side is not as bad. I got tired of paying 27.00 for the sealed beam. You can take the bulb out of the sealed beam and get a holg bulb at Auto Zone that will fit right in. It has an O ring that keeps the water out. Just put the bulb in and wrap it with electrical tape. Works great for 10.00 bucks. You can also make your lights brighter by spending another 6.00 bucks for the brighter bulbs.

Reply to
Anthony Powell

Why are your headlights burning out so often?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I think they're only supposed to last like 500 hours or something and the high beams last 150 hours.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

| > Why are your headlights burning out so often? | | I think they're only supposed to last like 500 hours or something and the | high beams last 150 hours. | |

He must do mostly night driving then...or is a DRL copy-cat and runs with them on all the time. I don't think I've changed a headlamp more than 3-4 times in 20 years...and that includes my wife and kids cars in addition to my own!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I use my lights all the time, high and low beam are one bulb in this case. Had one go a few months ago, last time they had been replaced was almost 3 years ago, if they had to get replaced at that time, don't recall if either one broke when I had my accident. If not, it was 4 years ago the last time they were replaced before that...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Its my daugthers car. She drives 120 miles round trip to school and work early morning and late at night.

Reply to
Anthony Powell