Vacuum source for transfer case switch - 94 Jimmy

Can anyone tell me where to find the vacuum source for the transfer case switch (which powers the vacuum actuator [servo]) on a 1994 Jimmy

- 4.3L 4wd automatic?

I have a schematic, but it doesn't show where on the intake the source is.

What should the vacuum measure at the actuator?

Thanks in advance, steve

Reply to
Steve

Mike Levy

line comes off the back of the intake plenum and goes over to the drivers side to a check valve, from there it splits to the hvac, vacum ball, and the

Reply to
Bobo

Thanks, Bobo... do you know of any photos or illustrations of the check valve and the intake plenum?

From the check valve / splitter combination, there was one hose about

2" long that was just hanging out unattached to anything else... is this a relief tube or should it be connected to something?

thanks again steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm trying REALLY hard to recall what mine looked like, I replaced these lines this past spring. I don't recall how many hooked up there, I know one was HVAC, one was the t-case switch. There MAY have been one for the cruise on there as well. Maybe the 3rd was the vacuum ball, as Bobo says, or there were 4 off that manifold of sorts.

It's raining right now and I really don't feel line taking a walk out to the truck to pop the hood and look. Maybe once this storm passes I can take a digital pic and put it up somewhere, if someone else hasn't found one...

Reply to
Mike Levy