1992 honda driver side cv drive shaft axle

Please see quote, then questions:

[quote] This is a brand New CV DRIVE SHAFT , AXLE THAT FITS HONDA

DRIVERS SIDE

1990-1993 , Accord , all models , with manual transmissions , without abs brakes

PART # F165

TORQUE SPEC. 180 ft lbs

All of our CV shafts come brand new, this means there is no core charge to deal with. [/quote]

Now... this guy wants about $60 plus 15 shipping. He says its NEW and that it comes with a 30 month warranty. I recently replaced the exhaust on my Honda, and when it was up on the lift my mechanic and I noticed that the CV boot was gone on the driver's side. He suggested I'd have to replace the drive shaft.

Sounds like a helluva deal to me... thoughts? I'm ready to have this bad boy drop shipped to the garage now.

Reply to
Learning Richard

do both sides at the same time.

I can get driveshafts for $100 canadian each

Learn>Please see quote, then questions:

Reply to
T L via CarKB.com

Why do both sides at the same time? Well... the car has 208k miles on it, that's enough reason I suppose.

Reply to
Learning Richard

it's not strictly necessary to do both sides, it's just a convenience while you've got the car stripped down. usually the shorter shaft wears quicker, something roughly like 3:2 vs. the long side.

Reply to
jim beam

Many techs prefer to just replace the shafts with the torn open boots. Keep an eye on the boots on the other shaft (check them at each oil change). If the boots start to crack, the boots can usually be replaced. The labor is about the same but the parts are much less ($22 for boots vs. $125 for a remanufactured shaft using Honda parts).

Eric

Reply to
Eric

It seems logical to me, considering the 208,000 miles on the car, to go on and replace both. I bought two shafts for $150 including shipping. Honda will be up on the lift again hopefully by the end of next week.

Reply to
Learning Richard

OK...

Two brand new driveshafts: $150 Installation: $250

Not bad in my opinion

Reply to
Learning Richard