1993 Honda Civic clutch foot pedal has little pressor

i don't think there's any such thing as a "synthetic" brake fluid. i know people sell the stuff with "that word" on the bottle, but since glycol-ethers have to be synthesized anyway, i don't understand why they're not /all/ "synthetic". personally, i'd avoid the hype, return it and just get ordinary dot3.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:Ovidnbh90o6SD4LeRVn- snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

D'oh!

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Synthetic is DOT5? huh? Is it that bad that companies just put anything on the bottle just to sell it? [scratches ones head, and thinks geez, well maybe]

I bought the Prestone Synthetic Dot 4, but it reads will work perfect with all dot 3 and dot 4. I bought it because it will work at the highest temperature (500F), and it gets so damn hot here and humit that I figured it maybe a good idea to get it. It's clear like water.

Reply to
mopa

"mopa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

No. It's been clarified that SILICONE fluid is DOT5.

DOT 5.1, confusingly, reverts to ether/glycol, though.

Reply to
TeGGeR®