2000 Civic Coupe EX Radio activation

Hello All, I just bought a 2000 Radio with CD to put into my 1995 Civic. Can someone please tell me what the procedure is to enter the activation code? I presume it is the following: Turn on the radio Punch the 5 digits using the selector buttons from one to 6 Can someone please confirm this or correct it? I cannot get over how easy it is to work on this car, the 95. Totally different from American iron. Cheers Rod McIntyre

Reply to
ElanS2

snipped-for-privacy@mac-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (ElanS2) wrote in news:IqadnWWK_ZfC3EvbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Radio must be turned on and COdE must be showing on the display.

Punch digits using preset buttons as described.

You're allowed 10 mistakes, then the radio will lock up and you'll need to pull the Backup fuse to make it let go again.

Make certain the Backup line into the radio is actually connected to the non-switched power supply your old radio used, or the radio will show COdE each time you shut the car off.

Reply to
Tegger

Punch the 5 digits using the selector buttons from one to 6 > Can someone please confirm this or correct it? > I cannot get over how easy it is to work on this car, the 95. > Totally different from American iron. > Cheers > Rod McIntyre

Thanks for confirming my impression. The radio is working just fine now. Cheers Rod McIntyre

Reply to
ElanS2