2007/2008 Civic Drivers Door WIndow problems?

Wife has a 2008 Civic Hybrid, a co-worker of hers has a 2007 civic hybrid. Co-Worker had problem with 2007 driver's door window that 9as she put it) wouldn't roll up or down, (lost track?). The problem was repaired, but dealer gave her a hassle about warrantythough she's had the vehicle only 3 months or so.

Wife's 2008 civic hybrid also has similar problem after less than 60 days, (when rolling window up, it loses track, apparently because front guide isn't tracking). To get the window into proper place, it is necessary to hold up/"help" front edge along to keep all in the normal plane of operation. Given the way many typical windows track, I'm assuming the front guide has dropped off or loosened from the front (vertical) tracking bar. The car is scheduled to go into the dealer, but I'm wondering if there is anything out there that looks like this is a common problem. (recalls, DSP, etc.)

Any known problems with this sort of issue on the Civic (Hybrid) Models?

Thanks

--Rick

Reply to
Rick Frazier

Motor problems in the new civic windows have been posted before. I don't remember any track problems being posted.

Reply to
Art