91 accord driver side marker light

My daughter has a 91 accord EXR. I went to change the bulb in the drivers side front marker light and I cannot get the assembly out. I took the one screw out as the manual suggests but it is reluctant to move. It feels like something is going to break. Does this assembly pull out to the front, swing out to the side or what? Any help would be appreciated.

J. in BC

Reply to
Frau Himmel

Frau Himmel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There is a bulged pin at the rear of the housing. That pin must be popped out of its receptacle in order for the lamp assembly to come loose. The pin is tight.

Remove the screw you see. Place a hand flat against the outer surface of the lamp. Put a finger or two from the other hand down the top of the lamp, where the screw was. Now sharply yank the assembly forwards. It should pop forwards about a quarter-inch and come loose.

Make sure you don't break the screw tab.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks for the advice. Mission accomplished.

Reply to
Frau Himmel