V40-01 Side Marker light.

OK I give up....I looked in the handbook and it looks easy. Try it on the car - no way.

I want to remove one of my 01 V40's side marker lights to change the bulb.

I know on the phase I cars it was really hard to do, but it looks so simple in the diagram Volvo provide.

It says push the lensw backwards and pull the unit out. I don't want to lever it off with the screwdriver....I know I'll end up smashing the plastic.

Anyone know how to do it? I have ZERO tchnical knowledge...QED :-)

JD

Reply to
John Daniels

Must be simple - I got mine stolen once..... Johan "John Daniels" skrev i meddelandet news:bisbdf$nef$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
JohanE

You are not able just to change the bulb, but the whole side marker light unit. Original Volvo sparepart with how-to-do instruction. Hard work!!!!

"JohanE" skrev i en meddelelse news:Sbq4b.21945$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

Reply to
Steen

. Hard work!!!!

Ah I'll make a fuss and get the dealer to do it under warranty!

Reply to
John Daniels

Not hard at all. The assembly is secured by plastic arms that snap into place, just pull it out. If it breaks, so what, you're going to replace the whole thing anyway. Open the door and look behind the sheet metal, you'll see it.

Reply to
Paul