92 Civic --- headlights slow to turn on

The headlights on my '92 Honda Civic EX are slow to turn on when it is below about 35F. I start the car, switch on the headlights and nothing. They usually come on about 10 seconds later. Once, they turned off while driving down the road --- not good! Is this likely the headlight solenoid, or could it be a headlight switch issue?

Thanks.

Reply to
bcdn

" snipped-for-privacy@asdi.com" wrote in news:09c0b720-edf0-4ad6-b946- snipped-for-privacy@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

It's the headlight switch ("combination switch") contacts.

Work the switch on and off rapidly a dozen times or so. That seems to help.

Reply to
Tegger