92 Civic radiator fan doesn't work

My 92 Civic runs hot because the fan doesn't work. I jump wired the radiator fan off the condenser fan plug and the radiator fan works; so it's not the fan. What else could stop the radiator fan from working? Is there a sensor for this? If so, where is it located and how do I check it?

Thanks, Al

Reply to
Al Davis

"Al Davis" wrote in news:wyyge.1036$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Bad boy, Al.

If your car has no fan switch relay (like the '91s), go here:

switch is bad. Easy replacement, and cheap. The one in the pic has had its connectors repaired on account of a ham-fisted oil change by me eleven years ago.

If it *does* have a fan switch relay, try here:

TeGGeR®

Thanks TeGGeR! I'm back in business!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Al Davis

"Al Davis" wrote in news:VbLge.1049$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

Good news! So how'd you fix it?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Oh yeah......I did exactly what you said from your website. It was the thermo sensor. The fuses and relay stuff was easy to check. So the last and the hard part was that sensor. I replaced it and bingo! The fan came on.

You're the man TeGGer!

Reply to
Al Davis

"Al Davis" wrote in news:tW6he.1370$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Actually, Remco is the author of that particular page. Hats off to Remco.

Reply to
TeGGeR®