93 Honda Accord Problem

For the last two years, usually on warm days, I run the car and make a few quick shopping stops. After 3 or four stops it suddenly stalls and will not restart no matter what I do. This happens rarely, maybe once every two months. The starter operates but there is no spark at all. I learned to leave it for about 15 minutes and then it is fine again. The latest episode, yesterday, was worse. It would not start after a game of golf and still would not work about 4 hours later. It worked perfectly this morning. This is beginning to annoy me more than a little. My garage guy says he can't do anything really unless I can get the thing towed to him in the non working state, which is hard to do. Someone else told me that some Honda models develop a problem with some relay in the ignition system but I have no idea where this thing may be located. I would very much appreciate any advice anyone cares to offer. TIA

snipped-for-privacy@nspmsympatico.ca

Reply to
Alan Combellack

The problem is your main relay.

High Tech Misfit

Reply to
Alan Combellack

In the meantime, when it won't go, turn the key to position II and smack the dash with your fist (left side of steering wheel. Honda will start.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'