Accord Clock Problem

Today the clock on my 95 Accord LX started resetting itself to 1:00 everytime I restarted the car. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Nancy

Reply to
Nancy

Fuse for the constant backup power is gone. May or may not be labeled as "Clock" in the fuse block, but start by looking for that. Without digging out a wiring diagram or manual, I'll guess that it's a 10A fuse (should be red).

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks for the information, Matt. Nancy

Reply to
Nancy

Take a look at your battery also. If 5 years old it could be going and the clock is just the result of the noise generated in the system.

Reply to
Woody

That wouldn't explain the clock losing time when the car is off.

If the battery has enough juice to crank the car, it's got enough to keep the clock on-time.

Reply to
Matt Ion