'92 CIVIC engine size -

I'm trying to figure out what engine is my 92 CIVIC. I'm sure it's buried in the VIN, does anybody know where??!!

Reply to
George

George wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

the VIN does not change if someone swaps a motor,nor would it then indicate the right motor.

There's a tag on the front of the block near the exhaust manifold,the motor code(1st 5 digits) is stamped into the block,the VIN is on a tag riveted next to it.

example; D16Y7 = 1.6L SOHC 16 valve. D16Y8 = 1.6L SOHC 16 valve VTEC B16A2 = 1.6L DOHC 16 valve VTEC

Reply to
Jim Yanik

George wrote in news:12lurg7n6hc1kd4 @corp.supernews.com:

The engine number is not in the VIN.

The displacement is given on a sticker on the underside of your hood.

The actual engine number is stamped into a small machined pad on the engine block. Look just to the passenger side of the exhaust manifold, at the part where the engine block and transmission bellhousing meet. There is a flat surface maybe 2"x 1". Clean the gunk off and read the numbers.

There are four possible engines, all of them D-series.

Reply to
TeGGeR®