Anyone know how to reset 2006 civic oil change %?

the lube center changed my oil but doesn't know how to reset the computer......any help? thanks in advance

Reply to
jkk6028

I believe it's in the manual. Don't have mine here at work though.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

The answer should be in the glove box. It's a 2006 for goodness sakes.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Here's how we do it on our 2005 Pilot:

With the ignition turned off, press down and hold the Trip Meter Reset Button.

Turn the ignition to the ON position (not so far that the starter motor engages), and continue holding down the Trip Meter Reset Button.

The Engine Maintenance Light (or whatever it is called) will eventually start flashing, then you'll hear a beep, then the light will go out.

It's reset.

I'm doing this from memory, so may not have the exact terms right. By the way, it's not in the manual. I found this myself by searching usenet.

Good Luck, Brian

Reply to
FlyWithTwo

You didn't read the manual closely enough. It is covered in the manual. You also didn't do this guy any favour, he has to read your answer just as he would have if he looked in the manual.

Reply to
Brian Smith
2005 Pilot doesn't have the maintenance schedule on the dash like the '06's do. He's not talking about the Maintenance light. There are a bunch if idiot percentages on the 06 vehicles.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man