Auto Trans 2000Civic SI low load shift not smooth

In Jan 2005 I bought a CivicSI 2000 w/D16Y8 engine code with 187,000 km. When I start cold and accelerate slowly (below 3000 rpm), and low load, (by that I mean I try to slowly ease into 2nd & 3rd), I experience a slight jump or jerk when trans shifts from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. After about 5 to 10 minutes it is much smoother most of the time, but not always. It hasn't gotten worse in 4 the months I've been aware if it. If I accelerate harder at cold start, it seems to shift smoother. A tech at the local dealer drove it after it warmed and couldn't see the problem. I have replaced the ATF with the Honda Trans fluid once and no improvement. I have checked (w/oscilloscope &/or meter) the MAP sensor, Temp Sensor, & TPS, all seem to change smoothly. (The MAP voltage reads 1.09 V at cold idle.) I checked the PCV valve (seemed clogged) cleaned and replaced, but no change. I've changed oil & air filters with no improvement. I don't want to believe that the trans is going bad but maybe that's all I can expect. Any ideas?

Reply to
Dave Austin