best oil ?

I have a 2002 Accord V6 at 60K mileages. Should I put Prolong, Zmax, Duralube, slick50, or Amsoil for J30A1 engine?

Jack

Reply to
Jack Tseng

none of the above.

  1. a lot of oil additives are useless. for instance;
    don't pay a lot of money for something where you don't know exactly what it is.
  2. even if you find "information" that purports to tell you what it is, chances are it's incorrect and that the manufacturer has gone to great lengths to keep that information out of the public domain where consumers can then form accurate opinions. "synthetic oil" for example.

bottom line - just use a good quality branded oil. some are worth avoiding, [like motorcraft which plays heck with seals on older vehicles] but otherwise, save your money and enjoy honda reliability using standard motor oil like you buy in woolmort.

further reading:

jim beam

"Jack Tseng" wrote in news:NbNeh.424$oS1.393 @newsfe20.lga:

Disregard my last message! I was replying to the Subject line, not the body of the message, which was very different from the Subject line!

I second what jim beam said! DON'T put ANY additives in your oil. Additives are a dumb idea.

Use any name-brand motor oil and a Honda filter.

Reply to
Tegger

NONE of the above!

Only alternative to Honda fluid is RedLine...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Stay away from the additives. Use any major brand oil in the weight your manual calls for. Change it at the severe service intervals. Use a quality oil filter. Stop worrying.

John

Reply to
John Horner