Caliper sliding pin boots

Tegger wrote in news:Xns992DB244BF9CCtegger@

207.14.116.130:

To jim beam: If you decide to check out that link, you'll see a link to the MSDS at the bottom. Do you see any silicone in the MSDS? The chemical names mean nothing to me.

Reply to
Tegger

not much! the polyproplyene glycol is a thickening agent - used in toothpaste among other things. the methylated silica is a bulking agent the p.g. can bind to. not much room for dimethylpolysiloxane [the silicone] after that!

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:xL-dndPgSuZqsNjbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

So then "Sil-Glyde" is more "Glyde" than "Sil". Interesting to know, but not ultimately of effect on my purchase and use decisions. The stuff is still excellent. But there was once better....

In my neck of the woods twenty-five years ago there used to be a substance called "Impac 1000". It was an extremely effective potion. Unfortunately, efficacy does not automatically conflate with business success, and Impac 1000 went out of business. I was therefore forced to fall back on Sil-Glyde.

Reply to
Tegger