Civic 2002 Indicator Flasher Relay

The turn indicators on my Civic work for one or two times when starting from cold but then stop working. I assume the problem lies with the flasher relay which I believe is one of the little 'boxes' in the fuse box under hood. However which one? Anyone know? If the relay isn't in the fuse box anyone any idea where it is and how to change it?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Hmm, Before that, do all the bulbs in the circuit is in good condition?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks but I still don't know which is, or where is, the flasher relay!

I don't think a failed bulb gives me the symptoms I described. I thought a failed lamp caused the indicators to flash very rapidly. Isn't that correct?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Edward W. Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's more likely your combination switch. Try the solution I gave "Peabody" on Tuesday.

It could also be the ICM. Do you have any other odd electrical problems, like a rear defroster that doesn't behave properly, intermittent wipers acting up, strange beeps and buzzes from the beeper? Any rust in the cowl or windshield pinchweld? Pull off the driver's kick panel trim. Any rust or wetness in there?

Reply to
Tegger