indicator/hazard flasher problem

Hi All, I have a problem on a Ford Fiesta Encore. When I indicate left I get a rattle from the turn relay and a blown fuse, replace the fuse and indicate right eveything is OK, then indicate left.......blown fuse and rattle. Replaced the multifunction switch and everything went great for about a mile the turn left...rattle and blown fuse. Tried 2 more M/F switches but to no avail and now I dont have a horn or a hazard flasher. I didnt change the switches myself Im glad to say. Can anyone help with this. Cheers Bubblybosun

Reply to
bubblybosun

I suspect you have a short somewhere between the bulbs and the switch :) Youre over-currenting the switch and killing it after some time.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

There must be a short-circuit to the left ind. Disconnect left tail-light and try again. If there's a towbar check the wiring to the trailer socket.

John

Reply to
John

The message from "bubblybosun" contains these words:

Has any work been done on the car lately which might have pinched a wire? Or possibly just jammed the wrong sort of bulb in or damaged the socket. I'd start by taking all the left hand lamp holders off their plugs and see what happens then.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
bubblybosun