Dealer Switched from Castrol to Mobil Oil - Downgrade?

"Don Enderton" wrote in news:Mi42i.150733$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

You can post to more than three if there are more groups possibly relevant to your post (some computer groups are like that).

That's right.

Three, if you count alt.autos.acura.

If I'm unfamiliar with the group category I wish to post to, I scan the relevant groups briefly to see 1) which has the most traffic, and 2) which appears to have knowledgeable posters. I then (cross)post as necessary.

Occasionally people will remove the crossposting, so I have to manually check each group I post to, just in case. It's a bit of a hassle.

This is a puzzle, yes. And I too wish the two groups would consolidate. There appears to be no reason both should exist. The presence of the two just splits the messages and prevents complete communication.

I tend to stick with rec.autos.makers.honda just because it has the most traffic, but I scan this one as well. And if I have something I think is important, such as an update to the Unofficial FAQ, I'll crosspost to the three Honda groups.

One other problem is that not all providers carry all groups, so posting to both Honda ones catches everybody.

Finally, in re-reading my original post to you, I see I was kind of snarky, Apologies for that.

Reply to
Tegger

No. He's saying to cross post, just like what you outlined in 3) above.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

In the most recent oil test, Consumer Reports famously/infamously didn't see any differences. But..... in the test before that, decades ago, Castrol came out on top, followed by Valvoline Turbo (the top Valvoline at the time). This ranking matched what most of the serious car guys I knew ranked them as. I was kind of surprised at the time, i assumed the big names like Quaker State must be the best. Har har har, I was young then.

I think that you have to take Consumer Reports test results with a grain of salt as they have been exposed with regards to some questionable testing/rating processes.

Often, it's best to go with your experienced gut...

JT

(Add to the crap list Bosch and Champion sparkplugs)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Hey Don here's some info on your topic . Hope this helps.

Private Private