WinErgy motor oil from Lidl

I bought 5 litres of this stuff yesterday because it was only about £6, says it's made in Germany, does anyone else use it?

Reply to
Marvin

Germans? ;-)

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Don't worry, Marvin. I had a glance at its specifications some two months ago when it was on sale. I cannot recall the exact details but as long as it has gained the API Certification Mark (the "Starburst") and its performance level on the "Donut" (the API Service Symbol) states that the oil has passed the API SJ, SL, or the most recent SM quality checks, then it should be okay (assuming yours is a petrol car and not a classic, old model). Of course the viscosity grade should be right for your car too (which means in almost all cases in the UK, 5W-30 or

5W-40, and I think the Lidl one is of the latter; also it is an API SJ).

Please read this "Engine Oil Guide" for more detail.

Lin Chung