Do 2000 Acura TLs have a window regulator?

I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima. A former co-worker of mine has a 2000 Acura TL. On the same day, in the same parking lot (but on opposite sides of the lot), both of our rear, driver-side windows fell down and wouldn't stay up. This happened to me once before with the passengert- side rear window and through a Nissan news group I found out it was most likely the window regulator. Both times I've been able to by a new regulator for about $50, remove the door panel and replaced the broken regulator with the new one. I thought my friend could do the same with his TL, but I have yet to find any place online that sells a window regulator for a 2000 Acura TL. Do they have such a thing? Or do the power windows go up and down by some other method?

The Maxima's regulator is just a pulley system driven by a motor that pushes and pulls the window up and down. I've seen window motors for the 2000 TL and they are also about $50. Do the motor and regulator come as one part? (That would be impressive because a Nissan motor and regulator bought together sell for about $150 at the dealer.)

Basically, has anybody had a window on a 2000 TL fall down and fixed it? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
jboaustin

Look here:

E Meyer

E Meyer wrote in news:C3A30B06.2C6FA% snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

Whoo. Let's unbreak that URL, shall we?

Entering the search term "regulator" gives me a listing (no pics) for all 4 regulators, at about $120 each.

Problem is, this sort of problem is often caused by damaged window run channels, not the regulator. I'd pull the door panels off first and investigate.

Reply to
Tegger