Does a stock P14 support VTEC

I have replaced my H23A with a F22B1 and am wondering about the ECU. Some sites say just to run the VTEC solenoid to the ECU, but I'm wondering if the ECU already supports VTEC or do I need a different ECU?

Reply to
rmiller

different ecu.

  1. it's mapped different to take maximum advantage of the different cam.
  2. the vtec has an output driver for the solenoid - the other doesn't.

for 2, you can switch it with a rev-activated switch instead, but the ecu is the best way to go.

Reply to
jim beam

OK, so I'm off looking for a P0A ECU for the F22B1 which is an OBD1 ECU for the engine model. The engine itself was from a 97 Accord which is OBD2, so I'm told.

If the P0A is OK to use, how about the following:

1) Injector diff's - something about sizes, impeadances ect.. 2) Does the OBD1 P0A ECU need to have the VTEC Oil Pressure sensor? There wasn't one on the car before, but then again, the ECU for that year was OBD2.

thanx for you help.

RJ

Reply to
rmiller