Help! My 95 civic won't start

Hello to everyone,

I was (foolishly, I know now) testing each cylinder of my 95 Honda ESi by pulling on the plug wires one at a time. At the third plug, the engine died and it won't start. I've read that doing this could break the ignition coil. So I tested for a spark (none), and after testing the igniter (using a 12v bulb) and confirming that it works, I've now replaced the coil, but it still won't start. The old coil tested fine with a multimeter, BTW, but I've heard that it could still be bad.

I've had the battery recharged, and the starter cranks ok. The "IG" fuse under the hood is fine (even tested with a meter). What could be the problem? Can anyone please help?

Thanks so much in advance.

Reply to
poch333

Hi, it seems my ignition coil was bad, and after replacing it, I now see a spark. But it still won't start, and I don't smell fuel at the exhaust when the engine is cranked. What could the problem be? Should I get some friends and try to push-start?

Thanks again.

Reply to
poch333

"poch333" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

See my reply to this identical message in rec.autos.makers.honda.

Learn to crosspost properly.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"poch333" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: