Honda Odometer Fraud, class action suit

I am a Honda owner and am furious. I received a copy of the "settlement" in the mail yesterday. The only ones benefiting from the suit are the attorneys that filed the case. The only benefit I can get is "any out of pocket expenses occurring between "Mile 36,000" and "Mile 37,800". If the mileage on the odometer is incorrect, then 1) the MPG is not as good as was promoted and the advertising that factored into my decision to buy a Honda was false; 2) both of the trip meters also incorrectly state miles traveled; 3) Honda owners can not sell their used Hondas for their actual value since the odometer reading, which is a factor in the sales price, will overstate the actual miles driven; 4) vehicle usage taxes owed will be erroneously high, due to the overstated odometer.

Reply to
clodhoppers18

are you for real? from what has been posted here previously, the odometer is accurate to within 1%. if you think you can quantify any loss of sales value attributable to an "error" of that magnitude, or excess taxes attributable to an "error" of that magnitude, it would be truly impressive since tire selection alone can account for larger errors than that...

Reply to
jim beam

Joke follows: In Canada we had a series of postage stamps commemorating famous Canadian lawyers of the early 20th century that only ran for a few weeks, so (if you can find one of these stamps) they are terribly valuable today. The series was canceled early because people couldn't figure out which side of the stamps they were supposed to spit on.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_