Honda Seat Belt Warranty

1991 Honda Accord LX (not original owner) with automatic shoulder belt

I have found several mentions of a lifetime warranty on seat belts for Honda vehicles. I have not been able to find the actual warranty online. I need to know the particulars of what is covered (the straps, the retainer, the mouse, the track?) A link to the warranty would be appreciated.

As appears to be common, the mouse for the driver side shoulder belt has ceased to work. It is in the forward position and will not automatically move into the rear driving position. If I manually force the mouse backwards and then open the door, the mouse does automatically move to the forward position... so the motor is working.

I suspect there is a problem with limit switches in the track or mouse. My electrical skills are quite good, so if someone could direct me to schematics for the system, I'd have a decent chance to troubleshoot it myself.

All help is appreciated.

Reply to
rider43

-----------------------------------

It's in the Owner's Manual if you're in America. Call the dealer if you're unsure.

may have diagrams that go back far enough.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

It's not in my 91 Civic's Owner's Manual. Rather, it's in a separate warranty manual that came with my Civic when I bought it.

Rider43, my Civic had the exact same problem in 2001. I am pretty sure I was not even aware of the warranty when I took it to the dealer. They fixed it, no charge. IIRC from reading here, this lifetime seatbelt warranty does transfer to subsequent owners.

Just call your nearest dealer and ask. If they deny the warranty exists, post back here.

Reply to
Elle

Thank you. And, yes, this problem does relate to a Honda in the United States.

It does not appear to be in the Owner's Manual. The Owner's Manual lists a "Seat Belt Limited Warranty", but refers to a warranty booklet for details. I do not have nor can I find on-line this warranty booklet.

The San Leandro Honda site only references Accords back to 1992.

Reply to
rider43

Reply to
Howard

A concluding note... Honda USA was contacted, and a copy of the seatbelt warranty was requested. After I supplied the VIN, the warranty was sent promptly via fax. The warranty states, "Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any Honda seat belt component that fails to function properly during normal use. This includes all parts and labor charges." The local Honda dealer repaired the shoulder belt problem at absolutely no cost to me. And I never had to mention the warranty. In fact, the dealer explained it to me. Well done, Honda.

Reply to
rider

I think that I'll take both, the '82 & '83 Civics to the dealer as neither belt retracts willingly anymore...

That'll teach 'em!

Or me...

JT

rider wrote: