How to remove Rain X ?

Does anyone know how to remove this insidious film off the windshield ?

Reply to
Clete

"Clete" wrote in news:ig0g1u$cl6$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Rain-X makes 31 different products, many of which have very similar names.

Do you remember /exactly/ which one of Rain-X's miracle potions you used?

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
Clete

The most wrong one, apparently.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What's insidious about it? Works great for me, I love it. Did you apply it per the instructions? For the "regular" Rain-X, you apply it first, then apply a wet towel to the windshield, and then wipe it dry. Did you perchance skip the middle step??

Reply to
Wade

What's insidious about it? Works great for me, I love it. Did you apply it per the instructions? For the "regular" Rain-X, you apply it first, then apply a wet towel to the windshield, and then wipe it dry. Did you perchance skip the middle step??

Reply to
Clete

"Clete" wrote in news:ig1m28$a50$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Then it's probably the "Activation Wipe". Apparently ordinary glass cleaner will take it off.

I found this:

Tegger

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Is there a right one?

Reply to
Tegger

You bet!

I wouldn't have a vehicle without it...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Thus spake Tegger :

I've found that heated "Windex" takes off many of these. Bring a pot of water almost to a boil, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then let the bottle sit in it for 10 minutes or so.

DO NOT do what a neighbor did. Acetone will, in fact, remove almost any film. Including that colored film Honda put on the sheet metal called "paint".

Reply to
Dillon Pyron