Plugging MP3 player in '03 Protege5

Hi!

I would like to plug my MP3 player to my Protege5's factory FM/CD head unit using the AUX input... does anybody know of an easy way to do this? Is there any cable/converter/??? that can allow me to do this easily?

I'm not interested in FM transmitters stuff (tried it and was shit!) and cassette adapter ...

Thanx for your help!

Phil

Reply to
Phil

What kind of radio is this?

I don't have a 2003 Protege5. But I did add an MP3-player "AUX" input to my

2000 Miata stereo. It was not all that difficult but did require a little ingenuity to get to work just right.

Is there a number on the radio?

Reply to
josh

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

Follow these instructions:

Except one thing, the author has the wires reversed for L/R channels.

I put a panel-mount rocker switch inside the cubby in my Miata, and mounted a 1/8" stereo jack in the cubby. You can mount a 1/8" panel-mount jack like you get from Radio shack, you just have to countersink the hole a little bit from the rear. Get in there and you'll see what I mean. The plastic is too thick to mount the jack and still get the nut on it, so you have to countersink the jack into the hole from the rear side so there's enough threads protruding from the surface of the cubby when you put the plug in there to get the nut on it... otherwise as the author did, just put a wire.

Works like a champ.

Also there's power on one of those pins... power you can use to put your pullup resistor to the switch. I can't remember which. Check it with a meter and see which one has power when the radio's on.

Reply to
josh