Add mp3 player to 1999 Nissan Altima

I am trying to add mp3 player to my 1999 altima factory radio but I can't seem to find a way of doing it. I do not think the radio has line-in Did anyone tried this before? I am not sure if I wanna go for those FM repeaters, either. It seems to me that the sound quality will degrade a bit. Also, the radio has CD/CHG button - I believe it is used for an optional cd changer. Does this help ?

Your feedback is always appreciated.

D.T

Reply to
dritix

You might consider an aftermarket head unit that has an auxiliary input, even a basic model will work. At one time Aiwa had these inputs on most of their entry level CD players, and I think even the more recent models that played MP3 CD's too.

The Aiwas were usually under 200 $USD at the store and less if you can find a used one.

Reply to
Dave Stone

The reason I want to keep the factory radio is its excellent FM/AM reception. Yesterday I was looking at some cd changer - aux-in adapters but I couldn't seem to find on for Altima 1999.

Did anyone of you came accros something like that?

dritix

I see. I wasn't aware of these adapters, sounds like a good idea if someone makes one. Check the forums on altimas.net and I'd bet you'll find some more info.

Reply to
Dave Arnold