maybe waterpump noise

Hi I have Honda civic 2001 manual (172km). I started hearing a noise coming fr om the engine. Similar to the falling waterpump noise in this site( http://
mycarmakesnoise.com/full-sound-library/). The noise comes seconds after I s tart the engine and lasts for 10-15 seconds. It will not change if I press the gas paddle. Also that noise will start for 5 seconds when I take a brea k. I tried to use DW40 to lubricate any pulley I can see/access to, but did not help. It has been more than 1 week and same noise every time I start t he engine.
Yesterday I noticed something really strange. My radio/cd player has not be en working for long time and sometime it generate scratching noise (like as sshhhhh). That noise will disappear when I turn the headlight on!! So yeste rday I tried to turn the headlight on and all the sudden I hear the noise c oming from the engine. So whenever I turn the light on that noise starts!!
Any idea what is going on? I suspect the waterpump.
Thank you.
Once upon a time on usenet snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Alternator seems to be the more likely culprit - to me at least. Maybe a bearing?
--
Shaun.