No wipers on Accord 2003

Hi,

All of a sudden my wipers stopped working, the fuse is OK.

I don't know how to get to the motor... is there a relay i could look for.

The Haynes manual is not available yet.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
User

When you say the fuse is good, do you mean that you looked at it and it looked okay, or that you tested it for continuity?

I do not know about the 2003. My 1993 had a wiper relay on the under dash fuse block

Hope this helps Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

You misunderstood. He wasn't asking for help. He was merely telling a story.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I tested it's continuity and on my OHM meter it says 0, the same as when I touch the tips together...

"Elliot Richmond" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
User

There are those who give help to others on those usegroups, and there are that just waist time...

Thanks Elliot.

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp1.usenetserver.com...

Reply to
User

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:50:26 -0400, against all advice, something compelled "Elmo P. Shagnasty" , to say:

Oh for crying out loud, will you just get over it?

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Sounds good to me. I asked, because I have seen fuses that looked good, but were still open.

The next step would be to look for 12 volts at the plug that goes into the motor. It should be accessible under the cowling below the windshield. You will need to take the wipers off first, then I THINK the cowling just snaps out..

Or, you could find and replace the relay.

I looked on the FAQ maintained by Tegger and did not see anything that exactly matched your symptom. The FAQ does mention an integrated control unit that causes odd symptoms.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Hey, I thought it was a joke. About as funny as my lame-ass jokes, so I can't complain.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

"User" wrote in news:YZYxi.89523$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.news.easynews.com:

Can you hear the motor running when you turn the wiper switch on?

Reply to
Tegger

The relay is in the fuse/relay box under the hood, a little in front of the drivers side wiper. After finding that good, if the washer also doesn't work, you might want to check the switch (and it's connections) before checking the motor, especially if there is no sound at all coming from the motor when you try it.

. Bob

Reply to
rjdriver

Hi,

There is no sound at all, I've spotted the fuse box under the hood, there is a index of the fuses, but not the relays, there are 4 -5 relays in there, I have no idea which it is...

The washer works!!!

Thanks to all.

"rjdriver" a écrit dans le message de news:

39eyi.282374$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.lga...
Reply to
Usen

Hi,

I've switched the relays (with matching numbers) and it did nothing...

I removed the wipers and I could see the bolts (that holds the wiper), are moving but barely when I put the wiper on.

Now I'm pretty sure it's the motor.

I removed the cowling and found the motor, I checked for power, and one of the 5 probes have 12V reading, it's the middle one on the bottom.

Always 12v wether or not the wipers are on.

"rjdriver" a écrit dans le message de news:

39eyi.282374$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.lga...
Reply to
User

Hmmm, I bought one new several years ago. Amazon has it:

John Horner

Yep, bought it too (on amazon),

It's a local store that told me the car was too young... obviously he didn't search amazon!!!

Thanks.

"John Horner" a écrit dans le message de news: LM1Ai.1627$OM1.732@trnddc07...

Usen

Go to