radio code

my battery died on me so I had to change it, so now my radio is asking for I code. So I called the dealership were I bought the car and they said they can't give me the code. Since my car came without a manuel they told me to call a honda dealer, but they're charging to give me the code. What is the most they should charge to get the code

Reply to
Snoopie

It takes then a few minutes to look it up. Do you do business with them otherwise? They should give it to you for free if you are a customer. If you are not a customer, they can charge you what ever then want ;-)

They will need the Serial Number off the radio. This is sometimes on a label in the glove box.

Good luck!

Reply to
G-Man

Hondas come new with a card that has the radio code and a couple of stickers with the code. Look under the ash tray, or the lid of the fuse box (the under-hood box as well), or any where a sticker might be hidden.

Reply to
spackrat

Mentioning what kind of car might be a great help . . .

Have you used the 'search' feature to see the many previous posts on this topic? You need to get a manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

They'll probably charge an hour labor. If you work with them, they might charge the half hour rate if they have one.

Reply to
Steve, but not the Australian