Radio Code!?!?!

I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. The other day my battery died and after getting it started my ready didn't work. It is asking for some sort of code. The dealership wants to charge me $50! Is there any way to get it working again without having to spend the money I don't have?!?! Thanks!

Reply to
MsJme

Yes, it's called google.com and you can search this news group for free. The question has been asked and answered a million times...Mostly be me and I get criticized for suggesting a search on this, but I guess I'm apparently wrong for not wanting to take my time to type the same message over and over and over...especially when I spent my money and time on the shop manual and actually like to take care of my car.

Nobody U. Know

I appreciate your help...I by no means meant to irriate you (as it sounded as though I had). I bought this car used and I have to say it was trashed. I have spent many hours and dollars fixing it up. So I too take care of it. I called the dealership and they told me that if I got the serial/model number off the back of the radio they would give me the code over the phone. I can't, however, get the darn thing out. I took off the cover (over the temp controls, radio, etc) but I am not sure how to get the housing out. I appreicate you help and sorry if I pushed the wrong button with you. Jaime

Reply to
MsJme

I appreciate your help...I by no means meant to irriate you (as it sounded as though I had). I bought this car used and I have to say it was trashed. I have spent many hours and dollars fixing it up. So I too take care of it. I called the dealership and they told me that if I got the serial/model number off the back of the radio they would give me the code over the phone. I can't, however, get the darn thing out. I took off the cover (over the temp controls, radio, etc) but I am not sure how to get the housing out. I appreicate you help and sorry if I pushed the wrong button with you. Jaime

Reply to
MsJme

p/s I didnt get a manual with the car when I bought it :(

Reply to
MsJme

If your into servicing your own car, you might want to check out this source for a manual on CD;

Not a promotion of this product, by any means, just a helpful pointer to this site.

Reply to
Nirodac