Re: '96 Honda Civic Clutch Adjustment

> I'm having to push my clutch pedal closer and closer to the > floor to make the clutch disengage. > > There seems to be no way to adjust the thing, nor is there > evidence that the disk is warped (i.e., no clutch chatter). > > I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed. Right > now it looks like I'm going to have to replace or rebuild > the master and/or slave cylinder(s). > > Thanks for any help. > > Bob

Any tiny bit of air in the system will do what you're describing. The brake fluid in the clutch master cylinder should be the color of 7-Up. If it's the color of Pepsi, it wasn't changed when the rest of the brake fluid was changed. Bleed it thoroughly and see if pedal pressure corrects itself.

'Curly"

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

That sound plausible, Curly. I will give that a try . . .

Front Office