removing drivers door mirror???

My wife clipped my daughters 98 Civic EX power drivers mirror. I've removed the whole mirror assembly from the car and I think I can repair the broken mounting bracket with epoxy and fiberglass. (just a scratch on the outside of the mirror assembly)

HOW CAN I REMOVE THE MIRROR from the motor shaft.??????

If I can get the mirror off, I can remove the broken bracket and get better access to repair it. Otherwise I have to make repairs "in place" with poor access..

CAN I GET THE MIRROR OFF WITHOUT BREAKING IT????

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Parts diagrams are at

Some TSB's are at

There are a couple TSB's about popping the mirror out (without breakage) . . . Look through ALL models in case it isn't a civic one I remember. 'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_