SRS light is on

2001 Accord EX (2 door) 98,000 miles

The SRS light is on in my wife's car, I have the service manual which has a lengthily trouble shooting section. The first thing it said to check was the fuse which is fine. Before I go through the whole section I thought it might be worth asking if others have had this problem and what it took to correct it.

Thanks for any help Al

Reply to
ajtessier

"ajtessier" wrote in news:HJc0g.24201$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Turn the light off first and see if it comes back again. Many problems are transient and do not recur.

TeGGeR®

Check with Honda--Have the same car---I just got a letter from Honda extending the warranty of the SRS system--don't have the numbers off hand but you're well within the time limit and the mileage is something over

100,000 miles MLD
Reply to
MLD

As was mentioned check with your dealer. The first thing that has to be done is to pull the codes to determine where in the procedure to start.

Reply to
Woody

The warranty extension covers "side airbag" DTCs 15-1, 15-2 and 15-3 only.

MLD wrote:

-- Tp,

-------- __o

----- -\

Reply to
TomP

Thanks for the replies I'm going to have the code read and then I'll erase it to see if it comes back.

Al

Reply to
ajtessier

I have the same problem with my 2000 Accord SE.

Took it in for an oil change today and asked the mechanic to check it out. They refused to touch it and suggested that I go to a dealership.

I hate dealing with dealerships service personnel. So, I researched a little on the topic and found this link ...

This suggests that we're not alone and I am not aware if Honda is doing anything about it.

Reply to
summitix

Probably too basic. but if you have side air bags the SRS light will come on if----Packages, passenger leaning forward or something light weight in the front seat. It, obviously, will seem to be intermittent.--Can't be that simple. MLD

Reply to
MLD