Sticky accelerator pedal on '98 Accord EX sedan

Have any of you '98-'02 Accord sedan owners experienced a sticky condition with your accelerator pedal? This usually only occurs when the vehicle is first driven after it has been sitting for a few hours.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has experienced this same issue, and if so, what was the diagnosis and fix?

Thanks!

Ron

Reply to
Ron M.

Ron, I have a 99 Accord sedan (4 cyld) and I have never had this problem. You may try adding a can of what I believe is called "fuel injection cleaner".

Reply to
Jason

"Ron M." wrote in news:CaXxf.10676$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com:

Have fun.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I have a 99 accord and its happened to me a number of times. 150K miles. You need to clean the fuel throttle "bore" , the area around the throttle body. Its a fairly common problem.

Reply to
Elbert

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll take care of this issue now--because your document describes the problem to the letter.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

Well, I ended up taking my '98 Accord to a local Honda dealership Sat. morning to have the throttle body cleaned. The car was running just fine when I took it to the dealership, but that certainly wasn't the case when the service advisor brought it around to me. It was revving up really high and then right back down. Oscilatting idle effect.

Come to find out, the service technician screwed up my Idle Air Control Valve during the throttle body cleaning process. Oh well. Now they're going to replace my IACV at no cost. I believe the tech sprayed the cleaner into the front side of the throttle body instead of the back. No big thing. Such is life. At least they're going to rectify the situation and didn't say, "Sorry pal. You're screwed. That'll be an additional 500 bucks." :-)

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.