Timing Belt....Replace by miles vs age??

Blank What is the max.life(age) of a timing belt before regular replacement is needed at est. 60,000miles.........????

Thxx............Rudy

Reply to
Rudy

What does your Owners Manual specify for your vehicle (whatever make, model and year it might be)?

Reply to
Brian Smith

Its been increasing with with newer cars. But so has the price :-(

Reply to
rick++

"Rudy" wrote in news:h9gdfr$9e3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

Year and model of vehicle?

Post-1990 models with newer round-tooth OEM Unitta belts are 105K miles or

7 years.

Older Hondas with square-tooth belts were 60K.

Aftermarket belts are a crapshoot. If you want to be certain, change those every 60K.

Reply to
Tegger

My 94 Accord's manual specifies 90K miles.

Reply to
Cameo

"Cameo" wrote in news:h9hhmp$2p1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

That's the original interval for the timing belts that were on the market back then. Belts have been improved since 1994.

Reply to
Tegger

Thus spake "Rudy" :

Yes.

My 96 Civic had 60K on it, but was 8 years old.

My wife's 96 Accord had 95K on it, but was 6 years old.

First come, first served.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron