Timing Belt....Replace by miles vs age??

Blank What is the max.life(age) of a timing belt before regular
replacement is needed at est. 60,000miles.........????
Thxx............Rudy
Reply to
Rudy
"Rudy" wrote in news:h9gdfr$9e3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:
Year and model of vehicle?
Post-1990 models with newer round-tooth OEM Unitta belts are 105K miles or 7 years.
Older Hondas with square-tooth belts were 60K.
Aftermarket belts are a crapshoot. If you want to be certain, change those every 60K.
Reply to
Tegger
"Cameo" wrote in news:h9hhmp$2p1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:
That's the original interval for the timing belts that were on the market back then. Belts have been improved since 1994.
Reply to
Tegger
Thus spake "Rudy" :
Yes.
My 96 Civic had 60K on it, but was 8 years old.
My wife's 96 Accord had 95K on it, but was 6 years old.
First come, first served.
Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Site Timeline Threads