Warning light problem on Jazz (Fit) Australia

Hello all.

I have a 6 month old Jazz with 8500klm in Australia.

It is the 1.5ltr with the CVT transmission.

On three occasions I have had an issue where The "Malfunction Indicator Lamp" the "ABS" warning lamp come on and the "D" gear indicator lamp flashes.

These have happened a week apart and each time have been repaired by a Honda service centre.

The first time they stated it was a loose connection. The second time they stated it was a faulty ABS module which was replaced under warranty. The third time I have been told it was faulty wiring.

Has anybody else experienced this problem ? How was it rectified etc ?

I am not upset with the service centre as they have been great and provided immediate service. I am also very happy with the vehicle .

Just interested if it has happened before or if there is a similar problem with others.

Thanks. Pat

Reply to
Pat

I wasn't quoted any codes or given any work orders.

Thanks

Pat

Reply to
Pat

-------------------------------

You should quote the CODES that they provided on the work orders.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

than take it to a shop and get the codes read! there are literally thousands of reasons why the lights comes on. you need to use a reader so the computer can tell you which code it is.

Reply to
jim beam

You also dont' have a 'paper trail' in case anything goes wrong later, and maybe your dealer is doing some warranty fraud on HONDA corporate?

When it comes time to resell it, I wouldn't buy your car if you didn't have any service records, but tried to tell me a big story about all the important work that Honda (supposedly) did for free :-( Bogus.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_