AM radio reception in a 2006

I just got a new 06' Civic and love it so far but have found that the AM radio reception is TERRIBLE TO NON EXSISTANT. Before you ask WTF are you doing listening to AM, lets say I like talk radio.

Are all yours the same or is mine screwed up???

Reply to
Pablo

---------------------

I'm guessing the '06 Civic doesn't have an antenna that retracts inside the front pillar like my CR-V does? My reception is so good that I have to retract the antenna a lot or it will memorize in every station in North America when I do the 'auto-program' trick.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Generally, AM doesn't use the external antenna. At least the sony unit in my civic will pick up AM just fine without the antenna

Reply to
flobert

"Pablo" wrote

Regardless what anyone says, the AM reception in these radios should not be non-existent or even terrible. I suspect something, like the antenna, is not hooked up correctly in yours. Of course, I could be wrong. Have the dealer look at it -- it's all under warranty. I'm on my 4th Honda and have had no trouble receiving AM stations, including distant ones both day and night, in any of them. This includes my '04 Accord with the antenna in the window.

Reply to
Howard Lester

I actually get decent AM radio reception here in Oregon on my 06 Civic.

Nicholas

Pablo wrote:

Reply to
Nicholas Coday

I'm going to take it in on Friday to see what they have to say...Let you know what happens...Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

The 06 Civic I drove today had better am reception than the other cars I have driver of many makes. Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Your problem could be as simple as the antenna sub-feeder lead is not secured to the main antenna lead.

Also; metallic tint applied to the rear windshield will cause this problem, as will a damaged antenna grid line. Usually caused by tint application or aggressive cleaning of the rear glass.

Otherwise take the car back to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.

Pablo wrote:

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to