03 Elantra GT Timing Belt

I have been reading here about changing the timing belt at 4 years to keep the warranty in effect. I checked my manual and it says 60,000 miles with no reference to # of years. Am I missing something? Also, as long as we are on the subject...does the belt HAVE to be done by Hyundai to keep the warranty in effect? Thank you. Never Forget!!!

jtees4

Check that book again, mine clearly says 60,000 miles or 48 months. Doesn't have to be done by Hyundai but you must use a Hyundai belt for replacement.

Reply to
Partner

Is that in the maintenance section of the owners manual or the seperate warranty book? My maintenance section only mentions the 60K. I'll keep looking. It won't matter..I'l do it before 4 years, but was just curious. Never Forget!!!

jtees4