05 Elantra - remote mirrors

Hi, We have an 05 Elantra and both remote mirrors work left to right but not up and down. If I can fix this I'd like to as the dealer is quite a distance away. Car has 22k miles and has no other problems. No accidents or any type of bumping have occurred.

I'm fairly handy with tools, etc.

Or should I just go to the dealer?

Thank you in advance.

Diarmud

Reply to
Diarmud387

Typically, this winds up being an issue with the switch. My personal opinion is that the grease in the switch prevents proper contact. I can usually get the switches to work by moving them around from position to position repeatedly.

You can try to get your mirrors working by the method above, but I suspect that as the weather gets colder and the grease thickens that your problem will return. I think you'll need to take it in for this issue sooner or later anyway.

Reply to
hyundaitech