Remote start

I am thinking about putting a remote starter in my 2005 dakota, problem is the one I got is aftermarket (from another vehicle...I took it off and am reinstalling on this one). I can't decide if, to save the warranty on the electrical system from being voided, I should buy a new mopar branded one, or just wait and install this one after 3 yr/36000 miles. Has anyone used the mopar remote starter? From what I can tell it does not include Keyless entry or alarm features which I also want to add.

Any suggestions or advice about the Mopar starter or if I should wait or not is appreciated. Thank you

Also, Has anyone had any really hard times with Dodge's electrical systems?

Reply to
Kevin

i installed an after market one in my 1999 dakota, one year in, without any problems.

Reply to
kilmister

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com