2000 Sonata 2.4L Automatic

Hello, After backing out of my driveway, putting in forward and getting ready to accelerate I heard a light backfire. After about 15 minutes of driving the Techmeter dropped to below zero. Felt a bump in the transmission as I drove down the road and the "Check Engine" light came on. The cabin became warm but (imagination ?) the temp. gauge was at normal.

Pulled the Sonata over, checked the oil, tranny. fluid and water. All were okay.

Anybody have any idea what may be the problem? This happened before on the way to work on an especially hot and humid day. Same condition with this event.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Cliff

I'm having trouble thinking of one item that would cause all the above symptoms (other than low system voltage, but since you haven't reported any trouble starting the vehicle, that doesn't sound likely). Since your check engine lamp is on, have it scanned somewhere. The trouble code should give you some idea as to what may be going on.

Reply to
hyundaitech