2000 TJ stalling

My 2000 TJ with 150k miles recently started stalling after I come to a stop, as if the idle speed is way too low. It seems to run okay otherwise. It's intermittent, the check engine light is not on and it's not throwing any codes. One time I disconnected the battery for a while when it was stalling in the driveway and when I reconnected the battery the idle speed went back to normal. I sprayed contact cleaner on the connectors for the TPS and some of the other devices by the throttle body and I've replaced the battery, and it's still stalling. Next step is to clean the throttle body - any suggestions on what to check out after that?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
jmaki

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Try cleaning the throttle body. They get carboned up after a while and need to be cleaned.

Reply to
Mike

I pulled the throttle body and gave it a good cleaning - idle air passages and the tip of the stepper motor were carboned up pretty good. Started right up and settled to a normal idle and stayed there. Time will tell but I think this problem is fixed...

Thanks!

Reply to
jmaki