2010 Sonata radio volume problem

When we start the car the volume jumps to 20...really loud. The dealer took out the fuse thinking that this would reset the radio but it did not work. The AVC does not stay on either. Its now our of warranty too....

Any suggestions?

Reply to
TheZete

Did you first complain while it was still in warranty? If he was unable to fix the problem then, he should still be responsible. Check with the dealer and then with Hyundai. They should have a record of your service call.

I'm not sure what an AVC is.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Turn the radio off before you shut off the car so you're not starting up with the radio on.

Reply to
B R U C E

It just started the other day. The radio apparently has less warranty than the rest of the car. AVC is Automatic Volume Control. I can set it to on, but then when the car is shut off, it turns off too.

Reply to
TheZete

Tried that too. For some reason the radio comes on all by itself even when turned off before the car is shut down.

Reply to
TheZete

That leads me to think the main computer may be messed up. Unlike days of old, switches don't switch. They ask the computer to turn something on or off and the computer sends a command.

Another possibility is the switch on the steering column. That also sends a signal tot he radio to do something. Could there be a short or loose wire thee? It depends on pulses to give a signal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski