Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where is the door chime on the 2006 Sonata?
The door chime in my Sonata is obnoxious. I want to either disconnect it, or wrap it with tape to muffle it. I tried to just locate it but couldn't.. seems the sound comes from various places when I'm...
6
6

Kayak carrier
Does anyone carry a Kayak on a 2007 Santa Fe? I can't find compatible carriers. I have factory installed roof rack. What is the load capacity on these roof racks? Thanks!
1
1

warrenty transfer to new owner?
Looking at a 05 sonota V6. 48K miles. Does anyone know if the manufactures warrenty transferes with the vehicle or is it just for the origninal owner? Thanks
2
2

Sonata Fuel Tank Air Filter
I've got a 2006 Sonata LX approaching 30,000 miles. Both the Hyundai web site and owners manual say to change the "Fuel Tank Air Filter". I've never heard of this type of part. I've tried to google it...
6
6

Hyundai Tucson 2006 - steering wheel noise
My wife has a Hyundai Tucson 2006, bought last May, and she just started experiencing a squeaky noise with the steering wheel. She just took it to the local Hyundai dealer and they told her that other...
3
3

2001 Sonata 2.4L Timing Belt Issue
Good afternoon everyone, 115,750 Miles - I purchased the car used. Timing belt looks good...definately replaced not to long ago...Car was running fine. Tuesday - Car running fine (warm day....78...
7
7

01 Hyundai Tiburon 'check engine light'
I have a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon and it has run fine since I've had it. A couple days ago the check engine light came on however when I put it into drive. It was shaky to start off and is now ruff when...
9
9

2002 Santa Fe: Transmission delay shift and "clunk" (especailly in cold weather)
All: I have a 2002 Santa Fe, 110K miles. Powertain warranty ending at 120K. About three months ago, I had to have the heads rebuilt on the Santa Fe. At that time, I also had the remainder of "major"...
3
3

High octane gas on ELANTRA
Since the model has a automatic timing adjuster, can 2000 ELANTRA adjust to the higher octane (higher advance) gasoline and make full use of it, or it is only a waste of money. BMW, for example, will...
30
30

Re: 2005 Tiburon GT - Outside temperature sensor
Hello hyundaitech, h> Your ambient temperature sensor should be mounted to the vertical h> support in front of the radiator. h> h> Because of its location, there's complicated logic involved in h>...
2
2

Battery Drain XG350
This has been happening to my 2002 XG350 since i purchased it new. The original went dead 18 months and had to replaced with an "upgraded" one at the dealer. This "upgrade" one lasted about another 18...
9
9

2006 SONATA 3.3L PCM REPROGRAMMING
I have a 2006 Sonata that was made in August, 2005. I've noticed that there is supposed to be a PCM update that seems to apply to my vehicle. The TSB says "From the beginning VIN of 2006 Sonata...
3
3

2001 santafe remote starter antenna location?
my remote start no longer works. just wondering where the remote antenna might be located and what it looks like? the astro start user manual says to check the antenna wiring.. tks.
4
4

03, XG350 Check Engine Light
Hello all, Hey is there a way to reset computer and clear the Check Engine Codes, need to make sure I fixed the problem? thanks in advance.
1
1

P1124 Code
Shortly after I fixed the P0303 code problem, I got a P1124 code. If I disconnect the battery, the code goes away for approx. one day and comes back. I see that there are a lot of components involved...
2
2

Wobble in car
I have a 2003 hyundai accent base model that has a noticable "wobble" at speeds above 10 km/h. At about 40 km/h it seems to be the worst, and then fissles out at highway speeds. The wobble is really a...
1
1

Excel revs too high
I recently bought a manual 2000 Excel Sprint. It runs ok, except when the engine is warm the revs stay high after I put my foot on the clutch - eg. when approaching traffic lights. It takes several...
2
2

2.9CRDi Engine (Kia)
Hello Does anybody know if the Kia Sedona Diesel engine 2.9CDRi is made by Hyundai. The Kia site for technical inform. provides only petrol engine details, since the diesel is not yet available in...
1
1

slow wipers on accent ?
a few months ago my wiper blades started to move slow. i went and got a wiper motor on ebay for my 2002 accent, i put it in today and it is slow again? any ideas what could fix this problem? new...
7
7

1993 hyundai sonata - Dead battery - need radio code
Where can i find the radio code for my 93 hyundai sonata. My battery died after i left the lights on, now i need the code. On the hyundai site, it mentions where you can find the codes for 94 sonatas,...
7
7