Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Spongy brakes (adjustment?) -- 2004 Santa Fe
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L AWD -- about 78,000 miles. The brakes work (of course), but it feels to me like the pedal has to be pushed too far down before the breaking action starts to...
8
8

Insufficient EGR P0401 code
On my 3L v6 (2001 XG), I'm getting a sporadic P0401 code set. Cleared it last Spring but now that cool temperatures are back it's been set again several times. Cleared it again a week ago -good for a...
2
2

Gas Pumping is stopping about 20 x /fillup 2001 XG300
Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden at various gas stations, the pump cuts off as if it was filled. This happens about 20 times per fill up. At the same time tonight, I noticed the parking...
11
11

SP-III Automatic Transmission Fluid
I have an '07 Hyundai Santa Fe with almost 40,000 miles and was planning to do a drain and fill of the ATF for the first time. Should I stick with SP-III from the dealer for warranty purposes? Or...
4
4

Replace battery in key fob...2006 Elantra
Anyone know how ??? I can't tell how to get it apart and don't want to break it....Will it need re-programing after the battery is removed and replaced ??? Checked the Owners Manual with no...
4
4

fault P1128 - P1123 hope found solution to those fault
I have a terrible consumption accent Hyundai year 2000 and 1500 CC (14 liter at 100 KM) I put octane 92 I was replaced my oxygen sensor and electronic sparkle NGK 1.1 and was clean TPS and MAF and i...

"Misfire" 2004 Santa Fe 3.5
Hello All, OK, so, $4,000.00 later - one dealership tells me I need a new differential for approximately $3,000.00 more. Another dealership tells me that my AWD is trying to engage, hence the feeling...
3
3

Dash lights stay on and kill the battery
I have a 2004 Sante Fe. Three times now I?ve come out from work to find the parking lights and dash lights on. The lights are turned off via the stalk and appear to be off when I leave the car to go...
3
3

Noise and smell from brake pads
I had my front brakes done on my 2005 Santa Fe 3.5L last month at my local mechanic. Since then the brakes have been making a grinding noise at low speed (like backing down my steep driveway), and I...
5
5

XG300 goes into limp mode for no apparent reason
I have had my 2001 XG300 do this twice now some 10 months & 15,000 km apart. For no apparent reason the car will suddenly show a 'check engine' light & at the same time go into 'limp mode'. The car...
7
7

2004 Accent Oil Change
What is the oil capacity for the 2004 Accent? Also any hints about doing the oil change. Sisters car and she has had changes done at dealer, want to start doing it for her with Mobil 1. I presume the...
2
2

Re: How to change Santa Fe's idle speed ?
Could be, who is Glenn Beck? While I'm not offended by the word, it does get to be a bit much when someone cannot say a sentence without using the word. Poor speech habits, poor education, I guess.
1
1

2002 XG350 timing belt problems
Finally did the timing belt on my 2002 XG350 now that it just turned 90,000 miles. After about 8 hours of hidden bolts, no access space, and bleeding knuckles it was finished. Started right up, ran it...
3
3

Daytime running lights are very dim on '03 Santa Fe
I have to drive with full headlights on, because if I leave them off, the daytime running lights on my 2003 santa fe are not visible....in the dark, they only glow a dim red...getting very low...

Remote starter on a Sonata?
I've been doing a little research for an upcoming car purchase. Last night I looked at Hyundai for the first time. It has an impressive list of standard features and seems to be a good value. One...
6
6

uh oh, 2001 elantra clutch fluid
Hi folks, got a question for anyone kind enough to help. 2001 Elantra, 5speed. While driving, I noticed the clutch lost pressure. When I checked the reservoir, it was bone dry. (80k miles, I thought...
9
9

98 Elantra wiith NO REVERSE and SHIFTING HARD
I have a 98 Elantra with the 1.8 engine. The automatic transmission is giving me some problems. The orginal Transmission had no reverse and shifted hard between 1st and 2nd then it would loose...
3
3

2000 Hyundai Elantra Accessory belts (V, serpentine, a/C) replacement
Hi, I was told I needed to replace the Accesory belts on the car (looked visibly cracked). I am driving cross states (1400 miles) and was going to replace just the V and serpentine belts. Was...
1
1

Oil Drain Plug Gasket installation
Is there a way to install this WRONGLY? The one side is flat with a groove in the middle and the other side is semi-circular. Which side goes into the oil pan hole and which side fits against the...
10
10

How to remove cupholder in center console?
Is there a secret to remove the cover over the ashtray and cupholder that is located in the center console in the back seat? There appear to be clips, however I do not want to break the facing. Thanks...
2
2